As a lover and a practicer of art journaling, I know from my experience that combing two (or more) different arts and techniques could create amazing results. Today, I’m glad to share with you the new online watercolor quilting courses by Ashley Nickels and Creativebug. It’s a fun and colorful way to introduce yourself to free-motion quilting. By painting your own design on the fabric, you create a “coloring book” in which to practice and play. Inspired by the loose style of watercolor painting, Ashley Nickels shares her original technique for painting on fabric with fabric dye, and then outlining the brush strokes with contrasting stitches. This meditative technique allows you the freedom to follow the pre-painted design, or create new patterns and shapes as you go.
In these courses, you learn how to:
- Paint on fabric to achieve a watercolor style
- Set up machine for free-motion quilting
- Quilt around the edges of the watercolor painting
- Fill the background of the fabric with free-motion quilting
And, you’ll get:
- A unique lesson that combines textile painting with free-form stitching to create a quilt top with a watercolor effect.
- 7 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supplies list
- Step-by-step expert instruction from Ashley Nickels
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other students
For more information: Watercolor quilting by Ashley Nickels and Creativebug