The weekend is for the travelers and lucky are all those who travel plans for today. My love for travels and maps was expressed lately with a DIY repurposing map to a heart, which I’ve made for my sister’s wall gallery. But, I couldn’t leave our home without a similar map composition. It’s the same concept in a different version.
○○○ things I used
cardboard, or thin wood
- I chose a small map that a local tourist service has given us for free in one of our trips.
- I cut it in big letters to compose the word EXPLORE.
- I was thinking about gluing them on white or black cardboard, but after seeing it, I decided to glue them on a thin wood surface that fitted perfectly in the white frame.
- When I finished gluing the letters I covered all the surface with mat decoupage glue for an even result.
In less than fifteen minutes my new creation was ready for our wall gallery! I always loved strong and inspirational words from a kid so I like them to exist in my space not only in my thoughts, or my writings! So, my “EXPLORE” map composition took its new place on my wall gallery in front of my home office desk.
You want to make this DIY, but you don’t find the right word for you. Here, you can find an inspirational list: map, world, road, adventure, journey, travel, explore, discover, just go, just leave, lost.
Do you need more inspiration?
This is my top ten quotes about travel and journeys:
“Not all those who wander are lost.” J.R.Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring
- “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” Augustine of Hippo
- “The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” Lao Tzu
- “Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.” Terry Pratchett, A Hat Full of Sky
- “Because he had no place he could stay in without getting tired of it and because there was nowhere to go but everywhere, keep rolling under the stars…” Jack Kerouac, On the Road
- “A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving.” Lao Tzu
- “When you set sail for Ithaca, wish for the road to be long, full of adventures, full of knowledge.” C.P. Cavafy
- “It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.” Ernest Hemingway
- “One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.” Henry Miller
- “Wherever you go, go with all your heart.” Confucious
Hope to find many maps to repurpose your creativity and inspiration about traveling in the weekend. Wish you all a happy Saturday after vernal equinox and a stunning solar eclipse! Besides all these rear astrophysical phenomena, it’s finally springtime!