Did you know that one stitch can provide you with inspiration for a lifetime of creative practice.? Today, I’m glad to share with you Sashiko sewing online courses by mixed media artist, Lisa Solomon, and Creativebug. Using the running stitch as a base, mixed media artist Lisa Solomon shows you the Japanese tradition of sashiko stitching as well as a plethora of ideas for creative and practical use.
You’ll learn how to work with traditional patterns (or make your own designs based on a grid layout) to make decorative pieces or mend and patch garments. No matter the method you choose, you’ll find that sashiko is a great way to slow down and stitch with intention, creating beauty from simplicity.
- Work with sashiko needle and thread
- Load needle with fabric for stitching
- Sew a basic running stitch with consistently spaced stitches
- Create traditional and new patterns of stitching
- Patch and mend clothing using basic stitches
For more information: New Sewing Class! Sashiko Sewing with Lisa Solomon