Note: Affiliate links may be used in this post.
Full disclosure policy at the end of this page.
Street photography is one of my favourite photography fields. Although I don’t do much, I always find it inspirational and striking to watch these photos, no matter if they capture current moments from cities all around the world or scenes of the past, like Vivian Maier’s black and white portfolio.
When we talk about street photography, we suppose that it is about photos that we take on streets. But, the truth is that we don’t need a street or even urban environment to consider a photo as a street photograph. The idea is to capture the human conditions in public places (source: wiki)
Recently I found several free e-books and tutorials about street photography. Here, I include a list of twelve very interesting e-books by talented street photographers, which are great examples of this field and a good chance to expand our horizons in photography.
- Creating Impact: The Fundamentals of storytelling in street photography by Marie Laigneau
- Street Photography by Alex Coghe
- The Street Collective Volume One by Various Photographers
- Street Photography by Daniel Hoffmann
- Street Photography for the Purist by Chris Weeks
- 31 Days to Overcome Your Fear Of Shooting Street Photography by Eric Kim
- The Street Photography Bible by Michael Ernest Sweet
- The Shy Photographer’s Guide to Confidence by Lauren Lim
I found all these e-books very amazing, easy-reading and inspirational, each of them from its unique point of view. For more information about the authors, their bio and portfolio you can check their sites (the list is alphabetically):
Alex Coghe: www.alexcoghe.com
Eric Kim: www.erickimphotography.com/blog
Marie Laigneau: www.marielaigneau.com
Lauren Lim: www.robnlauren.com
Micheal Ernest Sweet: www.michaelsweetphotography.com
Chris Weeks: www.chrisweeks.net
Photography books are usually so expensive. So, finding free photography e-books is a great opportunity! You could take this advantage of reading them through weekend.
Hope you all have a beautiful Thursday!